The course gives delegates the opportunity to:
- Explore the Best-Practice Leadership of Banks:
- Setting Objectives and Creating a Vision.
- Establishing “Winning” Strategies.
- Allocating Resources Optimally.
- Reorganising Banks.
- Preparing Future Leaders.
- Motivating the Workforce.
- Corporate Governance.
- Examine How to Improve the Performance of Key Banking Businesses:
- Retail Banking.
- SME Banking.
- Corporate Banking.
- Asset & Liability Management - “ALM”.
- Review How Leading Banks Advance Essential Management Processes:
- Credit Risk Management.
- Strategic Planning.
- Budgeting and Financial Control.
- Set Priorities for Strengthening Leadership and Strategic Management at Their Banks.
Who should attend
This school is for top bankers, senior managers who are expected to reach this level soon, and those who support directly the top management teams of their banks:
- Owners and board directors.
- CEO’s and members of top executive committees.
- General managers, executive vice presidents, executive directors responsible for profit centre divisions and subsidiary companies.
- Senior executives responsible for support divisions.
This is an advanced school for senior bankers and their management teams who are ambitious to ensure that their banks are led well, and are adopting the correct business strategies and implementing modern management methods.
The school is intensive and participative. Various methods are used:
- Formal presentations, including many real case histories with discussions.
- Case studies that illustrate the application of the approaches examined.
- Group work in which delegates discuss improvement priorities for their own banks.
- “Question & Answer” plenary discussions with the school director.
The course director is an acknowledged top adviser to the owners, leaders and senior managers of banks on strategy, reorganisation and best practices. He is an experienced banker and strategist, and has served over 150 banks in more than 50 countries.
As a banker, he has held senior positions in the UK, USA and Middle East:
- Jordan Ahli Bank in Jordan, Chief Operating Officer (CEO)
- Visa International, USA - Member of Executive Committee, Head of Global Strategy
- Grindlays Bank, UK - General Manager of Specialised Finance, General Manager of Group Planning
- NatWest Bank, UK - Group Planning Manager, Head of Management Sciences
He has master degrees from Cambridge and London Universities, and a Diploma from Imperial College. He was elected a Fellow of the UKs Chartered Institute of Bankers in recognition of his status in UK banking and training services to senior bankers.
Interested in holding this course in-house? Please fill out your details and a member of our team will be in touch with more information.